RCU Forums - View Single Post - HOW TO GET PEOPLE INTO COMBAT?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 07:49 PM
planewrecker
My Feedback: (147)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW TO GET PEOPLE INTO COMBAT?

It's difficult to maintain interest in combat and get enough guys to show up at the same time to fly a few rounds. When 5 or 6 do show up for combat we have a great time and fly several rounds. pilots and spectators both enjoy the action. It's about the only thing our "club" does as a group.
Getting new flyers is critical to keeping combat alive. It helps when new guys see a couple of rounds of combat, and get interested.
I'll let them fly my spare, and after their first round they're usually hooked.
I agree that some of the guys flying circles with their pretty planes are horrified at the thought of possibly damaging a $30 spad in combat. you'll never get them to try although they are usually the same guys going home on a regular basis with busted up pretty planes. It's a shame because they could really use something like combat to improve their flying skills!
Most flyers with a little competitive spirit will give it a try if there is a plane available to use risk free. It takes a little effort on your part, but goes a long ways toward keeping combat alive.
I like to tell the guys who refuse to even try combat that RC flying is like sex: It's alot more fun and interesting when you do it with someone besides yourself!