RCU Forums - View Single Post - How on earth do you strip tranny gears with a mach 427 ?
Old 07-15-2011, 04:18 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How on earth do you strip tranny gears with a mach 427 ?

You know what; if you have a problem with me you can get over it. Im not happy with this losi at the moment and i have every right to be. I like the truck, but it sure has been a pain so far. Its my truck and Ill do what i want with it.

Pulling is stupid? I can assure you i will break far less pulling than you do jumping. End of story. My monster GT transmission has held up perfectly pulling. I have made 15 hooks on it so far and not a single issue. This losi has seen 3 hooks, has a smaller engine, and less traction. Not to mention after 15 hooks on the MGT the clutch still looks new. If the gearing is right, the clutches last forever. Its not like i was even pulling when this happened.

The picco carb tunes nicer because its not boiling the fuel! It runs completely consistently throughout the whole tank and idles perfect for about 20 seconds. With the stock carb, you had to tune it rich to run good when it was hot. So then when you first start it the next time, it was pig rich until that good old carb warmed up and started boiling the fuel again and the tune would be fine again. Right now I can start it up, and it runs the same as it would if it had been running for 3 hours. The engine performs the same and is not stupidly rich when the engine is cold. The idling down and dying im confident is not a carb issue. I can raise the idle, etc.. and make it stay running, but that way the idle is higher than i want it to be. Before it would idle high and run for about 20 seconds and die. Now it idles perfect for 20 seconds and then dies. The carb made a big difference. You dont have to believe me though. You are too brand loyal to those good old SH engines to even notice the issue.

Like I said. If you have a problem with me, then dont bother reading my posts. No skin off my back. You are always buddy buddy when i say something good about the losi, but then when i honestly have problems you act like im lying about it or something. I dont have a problem with you or your opinions; but when you come in here and tell me my pulling hobby is "stupid" and call my findings BS; well then i can tell you where to shove it!