RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3spd mixed with 2spd parts
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 06:05 PM
llkoolskillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3spd mixed with 2spd parts

The first tranny blew up because one of the screws on the 44t plastic gear came out. There wasnt alot of damage to the first one and i have already repaired it. The new steel gear i got for $26, this weekend i will be running the newer version of this mod with all metal gearz and see how it performes.
The second tranny blew from what i can tell because the 2 speed idler gear was cracked from the first blow out from the mod. I took the middle gears and top gears and swapped them into the bad tranny to save time. As you can see from the pics it caused a total distruction of the entire tranny. Every gear but one has to be replaced.

If you plan on using the k5.9 for awhile then you will have no issues with this mod. Even a stock picco wont do what my modded picco did. Just remember that the tranny needs to be properly shimmed.

S/N: the guy who came up with this idea has ran the same tranny for over a year now. Not to say my motor is better than his but damn look what she did hehe[X(]

This is all R&D here with this mod, as far as i know im the second person to try it, as far as i know.