RCU Forums - View Single Post - World Championships Experience
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: World Championships Experience

Well, today is winding down with regard to official events. Each team was allocated a practice window at site 1 and site 3. This is known as the official practice. It allows each team member of each country the opportunity to fly at the competition site. We caught up with some new and old friends. Bernd is flying for the German team and we had not seen him since I believe DLM back probably 5 or 6 years ago. Shane Robinson, his lovely wife Sinead, and Angus and other members and helpers of the Irish team, who I had not seen since Romilly. Said hello to Chip Hyde and Andrew Jesky along with Mike Klein (calling for Chip), and Kevin Young (calling for Andrew). There are 4 junior team members from their countries (that I counted). Attended the Judges classroom briefing this morning which was both informative and edifying. I was a bit surprised that the session was totally in English and no translators were needed. F3A is truly an international event with judges from all around the world, gathered in one place to pick the World Champion. Its great to be part of this event. AC Glenn and myself were to do the Judges training flights, scheduled for Site 4 this afternoon. However, this has been postponed until tomorrow morning due to a thunderstorm that blew through mid-afternoon today. OK guys, I invested in a brand new digital camera- here is a test upload picture to see how well it works on the lowest resolution possible for web viewing. Hmm. Looks like the parking lot is dryin out so we may head back over to the site shortly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61182.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	1639440