RCU Forums - View Single Post - Done with my Tracker 3
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 05:37 PM
lbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Done with my Tracker 3

I'm kinda with you. I loved this Tracker III for 3 years now andI have had to send it back for repair twice. The last time was for a bad left gimbal. The rudder would not center sometimes[:-]

Of course I found this out when flying my Twist, I did pancake it down and broke some ribs in the wing. easy fix and I tried to fly it again with my newly repaired Tracker III.

After about 1 minute in the air, I was twitching badly. snap rolls, rolls, dives, I just barely got the plane down on the ground without damage.

Thinking that I may have a receiver or loose connection issue I set it up on the bench, started the motor and tried different speeds and no twitching.

I then thought I would fly my Parkzone T-28, again the same thing happened. since the control surfaces were small than the twist it was not as wild in the air. I normally dead stick this plane on landing.

During the landing I noticed that the prop would spin up and down. After the plane was on the ground sitting still all control surfaces were twitching. Battery was good, RF was good, I could like you control each surface.

I also noticed that when they replaced the gimbal I could not move the trims for throttle and elevator.

I am looking at sending it back for repair and also buying a new one. I know that this may sound strange but I have about 25 planes with some Futaba, Hitec, JR receivers. No other transmitter on the market has the model memory or the mode shift options that the Tracker has.

I would need to buy several transmitters to work with my different receivers. For $99.00 I will give them another try.

Larry