RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIMLA BUILD THREAD
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 08:06 AM
rg1911
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: SIMLA BUILD THREAD

ORIGINAL: billberry189

By my count there seems to be eight guys building the Simla who have currently posted on the thread. Six are from the east coast area including four from NC.,one each from FL. and CT. Then there's one from IL. and one from CO. My point would be to follow the demographic in order to determine the most centrally located spot for a Simla/Taurus event. While I'm here a few snaps of the Dave Brown mount as it approaches completion. You will notice that I cut the excess off both beams for extra clearence, but I discovered that it was not necessary once you carve out the engine compartment.
I vote for central continental U.S. location, in which category Colorado fits best.

Since you have the engine and the Macs muffler, can you tell if 30 degrees was a good amount to rotate the mount, or would a bit more or less have been better? I ask because I got the mount yesterday and can use your procedure of working on the firewall before mounting it. (My engine and muffler won't be in for another week or so.)

Thanks,
Richard