RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIMLA BUILD THREAD
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 04:06 AM
kingaltair
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SIMLA BUILD THREAD

Again the big idea would be that all the Simla could come together in one place. The contest would be secondary to the mission/purpose of the event.
************************************************** ************************************************

I like the idea, (or it's nice to think) of the Simla Development Project , and the resulting get-together (probably next flying season), having a "mission statement" or "higher" purpose.

We DEFINITELY have to plan a first get-together. We could exchange ideas, finishing methods, who knows what else. The only thing I'd ask is that each person build their Simla to the plans, (ie NO MODS). [:@]

As for location we could do a couple things 1) figure out where the geographic center among all the owners is and get a place in the middle, or 2) have the Simla "reunion" at Triple Tree, (site of Joe Nall), and the place the first Simla prototype flights were from...THAT WOULD BE GREAT..IT'S A BEAUTIFUL SITE WITH A SUPERB RUNWAY. That site would guarantee that all three of us will be there. Who knows, we might even make a second pilgrimage to Chicago to the same field Ed flew from. If/when we have an event, I will write it up for Model Aviation as a follow-up to the original March construction article. Kevin, I know you could put on quite a show with what your Simla can do.

I would like to get contact information from the various Simla builders who might see this thread, (or maybe Jeff might share that info), so we can remain in contact with each other. Jeff's Simla forum on his website might also be a good place to do that.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34987.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	1643835   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41299.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	117.1 KB
ID:	1643836   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty65320.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	132.3 KB