RCU Forums - View Single Post - Phoenix 2000 EPO Composite R/C glider by Hobby King
Old 08-04-2011, 04:46 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Phoenix 2000 EPO Composite R/C glider by Hobby King

I received an EPO RTF e-glider for a magazine review about 2 years ago. It had some problems but they were not too bad. But there was a twist in one wing that I could not trim out so the plane would not fly straigt without tons of aileron and rudder trim.

I spoke to the editor and asked what I should do.

We contacted the MFG and they shipped me a while new plane.

On the second one the left aileron controls did not center and I could not get them to center no matter what. It had a werid linkage. turned out the linkage was broken. And on this onethe motor failed within one minute.

I tried to make one good plane out of the two but the wing with the warp was the same wing with the aileron that would not center.

Needles to say the review was never written.

Later I read about people who had this plane. Similar issues.

So the problems with the Phoenix 2000 might be isolated but I have read things about it like this before. Cheap is ... cheap. Sometimes things are too cheap. The look good on paper but don't deliver.

BTW, this plane is totally different from the Phase3 Phoenix 2 sold by Hobby People. http://www.hobbypeople.net/ That has been getting excellent reports.