RCU Forums - View Single Post - Roll call, Great American Jet Rally Hamburg Pa
Old 08-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Roll call, Great American Jet Rally Hamburg Pa

Jet friends,

My heart was touched by the awesome turnout,and overwhelming support for our event.It was awesome to see you all having fun,burning kero,and laughing it up.Everyone was a class act,and we are humbled by you all making the trip to spend time with us.

I was frazzled at the awards presentation,and forgot the most important part,which are my Thank you's.I'll start with Mike Lesher,for embracing the idea,and having an amazingly positive spirit.Seeing him enjoying himself touched us beyond words.Our hearts are all yours Mike.Thank You.

Next I need to thank our core volunteer members,and their wives,for helping me pull this off,with Lee out of commission.He left some enormous shoes to fill,and I couldn't have begun to wrestle that task without your help.Too many names to post here,but you know who you are.Thank You.

Our sponsors were all very generous,and always make the event even better.Special thanks to Dave,Pete,and Dave Jr with Horizon hobbies,Bob Violett and BVM models,Kerry Sterner and USSimjet,Eric Clapp and Jet Central Turbines,Alan Hoes and Jetcat USA,Todd Witkoff and Dreamworks,Hidden Hangar,and Hobby Hangar.Thank You.

Fast Eddie Leuter always keeps the crowd entertained,and we are lucky to have him.Thanks Eddie.

A special thanks go to the Sea Cadets,led by our own Dave Brown.Besides the incredible opening ceremony presentation,they are invaluable to us in so many administration details,and we are grateful,and very proud of these fine young ladies and gentlemen.Thank you.

Last but not least,we would like to thank all of the pilots,their friends and family,for coming to share some time with us.We truly hope you felt welcome and relaxed.That is what we strive for.Thank you.Stay well,and we hope to see you all in October.God bless,

Erik and the Farview crew