RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Top Flite P-40 60 sized arf
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Aluminum Overcast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Top Flite P-40 60 sized arf

Mike,

Yes, I am using a servo reverser on my flaps due to the method used to actuate them ( I'm out of channels on my receiver too). I have used a pocket and cam design to actuate both flaps and ailerons on this bird. The benefit of this is nothing shows externally. No clevis, control horns, etc., Nothing and very aerodynamic too. In addition they are slop free and most of the force during flying is taken by the hardened and bent music wire captured in the control surface by the formica pocket. I'm testing these on this model in hopes of adding them to a large 80" Zero with radial engine I plant to build over the winter. The downside of this setup is that I could not re orientate the flap servos without major reworking of the wing skin and a few ribs, not worth the effort hence, the implementation of the reverser. A benefit of the one I'm using is that you can also control the speed as well as direction of the servos. I have the flaps deploy slowly for a more scale look and in flight is a more gentle transition to deployed flap mode so there is no pitch up or elevator coupling needed.