RCU Forums - View Single Post - ESM P47 Build
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 02:00 PM
oldtimer4759

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM P47 Build

hello B7,
the tank will fit in under the wing in the belly pan, I glued mine in place with some natural cure Silastic, I have the fill point and the gauge mounted in the belly pan as well, with the control and servo on top, all together, no joiners to leak, just a few less things for "Murphy" to cause problems.
My system will hold air for weeks, I used a Robart variable control valve, but be careful with them, as you adjust the rate of air flow the adjuster is only in a couple of turns, when you do the lock nut up it will pull the threads very easily, IMO they are not a good design, need improvement. but you can get around it by shortening the pointy bit on the adjuster.
there are several other Hobby shops that sell just a single adjuster, even with 2 of them it is still a lot cheaper than the Robart valve.
if you are using the ESM air retract system, check every nut, bolt and screw on them, also the piston rod, I pulled each item out and put some Silastic on each thread, one set I have when I did all the bolts up they were just a bit tight in the retracts, so I had to loosen the bolts just a bit, so as to get free movement.
Oldtimer.