RCU Forums - View Single Post - SIG Kadet LT-40 Glow-To-Electric Trasnformation!
Old 08-09-2011, 05:44 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: SIG Kadet LT-40 Glow-To-Electric Trasnformation!

FLIGHT SUMMARY:

The model taxi off with the Esprit Models (EM) Sport 2600mAH Cells in the 8S1P configuration and it was commanded to turn into the wind and down field. I stopped the model and got my nerves to relax and I should have known that this model is one exactly what the Doctor ordered as it was commanded for FULL Power, a little slow as the Grass field was very WET as we had lots of Fog early this morning and about 35 feet later and still going slow, I commanded UP Elevator and it gently lifted off like a giant SLOW STICK!

Once it was in the Air it gained very good Airspeed with the 13 X 8 propeller and I was able to throttle back about two clicks above 1/2 Throttle. At 3/4 Throttle I was able to command the model to perform very nice loops, rolls, and hammer heads without any issue or events.

Landings are just something to see for this Ton Tossy (estimate fully flight ready weight at right at 7.5lbs. or 8lbs.) as I commanded the model to glide in completely DEAD STICK and it kissed the top of the grass blades on a slight UP Elevator command and resulted with the mains to touch down first.

For about 5 Minute flight those EM Sport 2600's came ICE COLD and the ASTRO FLIGHT 60 Cobalt was Luke Warm to the Touch and I could keep my hand on the motor casing without any problem.

The same with the smaller 2200mAH Cells from China!

A few post flight results and wide angle pictures of the model after it's mission flights over Central Florida!

I can very well fit one (5-Cell Pack) and another (4-Cell Pack) for a total of 9S1P for additional Propeller RPMs but, I really enjoyed the manner in which the model flew today so, I will keep her with the 8S1P configuration for a while and use new batteries and double check for fully charge state.

Thank you Gerry!

More Pictures!