RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 02:38 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

I also set it up with it's own battery lead and switch. The CPU and servo drive are separate in the system. This make it possible for them to have the 'arming' switch and light. Very cool. Nothing happens when you power up the system, till you press the switch, which I have mounted in the hatch with the fill valve and status light.

Here you see the switch for the gear system, the arming switch, the little red status light, and the fill valve.
The setting the door timing seamed easy,

The "Arming" button is where I was lost, each time you power up the model you have to turn that on too obviosly, but you also have to "arm" it too to make jure the TX gear switch is in the correct psotion. that way the gear doesn't open or close unexpectedly and do damage,, got that.

The question I had was. will it not "Arm" until you do have the correct switch position? or can you still Arm it with the switch wrong? After reading it 4/5 times I think I got my answer, No, all the doors will just stay open until the system is armed with the switch in the "down" position..

Pretty cool toy for the price of a decent servo.

Last question,, do the servos plug into seperate leads or is there a plug array like a RX has?,, can't tell from the pics on thier site

TIA

I might have to go for a Sunday Drive drive,, Let us know