RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jerry Bates F4F Wildcat
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Flakbait
My Feedback: (20)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Jerry Bates F4F Wildcat

Well, She Fly's !!!
Went out early and put the maiden flight on her. My wife took some cool pictures, and supported me during this whole project. I would like to say " it went off without a hitch" or "It took no trim at all" and this one is good, "it flies like it's on rails".... and so on. Anyway, I am pretty happy, just need to finish the painting and weathering. With a few more "tweaks" it will be a solid airplane. I lost my bottom hatch on the second circut , I did find it. I need to figure a better way to hold it on than the eight rare earth magnets.

The flight was pretty good. I had to put in some left trim and some up as well. The engine ran good. The mid range isn't all that great yet, Three tanks through. I asked Denny over at RCSB what prop he was running and I now have a 23X10.
Pitch was a bit sensitive so I think I need a little more nose weight, I landed with full flaps, and it rolled out pretty nice. Just need to take things apart to get a good look around to see if everything is still good and tight.

Here are the Pictures:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73572.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	1648731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38728.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	1648732