RCU Forums - View Single Post - CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:59 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: CARF F4U-1 Corsair build thread

ORIGINAL: didiwatt

I loved to fly my Corsair but always dreaded landing it due to gear failure (ripped off doors 4 times) so I passed the airframe on to a good friend for 0 cost. We are both very experienced modelers.

After workin over the gear for the umteenth time, it failed on him on a greased landing. He emailed Andreas and was told that after many complaints of gear failure and ripped off gear doors Comp-Arf has agreed to have the landing gear re-designed.

Please direct your questions and concerns to Ray Labonte. The more inquiries, the faster the job will get done. Not having a positive lock on a 60lb airframe (not to mention a hugh investment) is insane.......................

Going the Locked & Down conversion may be the way to go............... If that conversion works out, I may ask for my airframe back.................Please keep us advised of your progress on the conversion................
Thanks for the heads up. We will certainly keep you all informed on the conversion. The next airframe will have both electric gear and electric wings, both converted by Down and Locked. He has the gear and is working on it. We will be shipping him the center section of the wing in a few days.

There is also a new product in the works from Down and Locked that will help the air gear crowd. Keep watching.

Here are a few more pictures from the first flight.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wt59366.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1652730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41063.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	25.8 KB
ID:	1652731   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ro41648.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	21.4 KB