RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3rd boat. flat deck 3-point hydro
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2011, 06:05 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: 3rd boat. flat deck 3-point hydro

More pics of the progress. Just need to install the fuel tank and solder the cables and I'm done. Well, I have to seal it up with a few coats of finish but otherwise this is RTR. as pictured minus the fuel tank and fuel its RTR and weighs 4lb7oz. A bit heavier than I anticipated but it should still run out better than my Rigger. The sponsons are a bit oversize from my original plan, 1/2" wider and 1/2" taller. I think its gonna rip pretty decent. Engine is turning a 9x7 apc at 16,550rpm or so, and with another gallon of fuel it might see 17,000rpm. Got a few mods in order to free up another 1000rpm but that'll have to wait til winter.. I'm ready for some fun!

p.s. Dont mind the cat... she wouldn't leave me alone. [>:]

I left everything loose so I can pull it apart to finish it which I'll start tomorrow. I figure if I can get two coats on it a day for the next 4 days it should be good enough to tear it up Saturday. The finish I'm using for the last 3-4 coats will leave a nice flat finish which is pretty slick too. I am hoping to be seeing 45mph or better but would be happy to get a speed that'll actually register on the gps, and not have the gps laugh at me. (not like my rigger which ... goes 1.63mph.)

anyway.. I'll have pics with finish down in a couple days.