RCU Forums - View Single Post - Webra Speed .12?
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM
DeviousDave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Webra Speed .12?

ORIGINAL: MJD

ORIGINAL: mtntopgeo

Lots of ''word of mouth'' info, on the Conquests, out there, but no telling what is real, & what ain't. Stuff that comes up most often; ''trimed'' 7x3.5 prop, 15% nitro, 21 to 23K. Cox instruction manual says 30 to 70% nitro for CL engine, & props from 6x7 to 8x4. RJL list same nitro for CL engine, & 5 to 15% for RC, depending on prop. (needs 155 deg exh timing to run ''right'' (had that in my notes, but don't know where I got it from, probably from RCU forums) Found one comment that the ''early'' CL engines had a more wild port timing than the RC version. Don't know if this is fact, or just an old wive's tale.....My #s; ......All my Conquests are RC version with the conventional head, & glow plug. All have the same carb (approx .229'' ID), no pressurized tank needed. Only tached one of them. All props listed were/are unaltered, pre G3, MAS.. Fuel was 10% nitro, & 20% castor. 8x4 = 17,000.............7x5 =18,400..................... 7x4 = 21,400 . ............................. George K.
Well that's a start - thanks. I wonder if the port timing is really the same between the balls-out venturi version and the R/C. If you are clocking 21,400 on a stock 7x4, that's not too shabby. The big jump in rpm from 7-5 to 7-4 may be normal but it seems to say high-rpm port timing to me. Good numbers any way.
MJD

Timing on the sport version is different than the FF/CL model. Both are very hot.