RCU Forums - View Single Post - Redcat Racing Volcano Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:34 AM
steveelkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redcat Racing Volcano Thread

I recently purchased a used Volcano SV from a guy. I'm a full on n00b at this stuff so I'm going to ask some silly questions! Nonetheless here's what I got.

Engine Leaks fluid like crazy. So I need to do some sealing. Is there a guide to sealing these VX-18 engines? And where else could I be leaking fluid from? My hoses are all good and so is the tank. It most definitely is coming from the engine. I did make my own gasket for the exhaust manifold so that fixed a lot of my problem.

Annnd when I full out ran this thing into a tree the other day lol I broke one of the teeth off of the Spur Gear. It looks like this thing had been upgraded to a metal Spur Gear. I need to replace it. But it's looking like the only one that I can find is on Redcat's Website. None of the local Hobby R/C places in Indianapolis carry redcat products... Actually I cant even find a redcat dealer within 150 miles. And there's a considerable price difference between the plastic and metal spur. Here are my questions regarding this.

Does the plastic one not hold up?
Is there a third party manufacturer of these? Or a subsitute I could use?
Or is there any way to just full out change the transmission for lets say a Traxxas tranny? Or something that I have more access to parts to?

Like I said I'm a newbie at this stuff so please be gentle. I honestly don't know alot about this thing.