RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Fliteskin ME 109 build thread
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 06:04 AM
JGrc
My Feedback: (29)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Another Fliteskin ME 109 build thread

Eran,
looks to me you're doing a fine job building the tail section. If it's scale is a hassle!

I've installed a bunch of tail formers in glass fuselages and found the method you used, using pins through the fuse skin to hold the former in position, works like a charm.
Also, you can use wood screws instead of bolts and nuts to hold the Robart retract. I only use the bottom 2 screws ( the top 2 do not take any loads) and is very easy to remove the retratc with a long thin screw driver through the fin post. I also put rubber gaskets in between the retract and the former to absorb the bouncing of the tail.

To build the tail fork, I cut a piece of thin brass sheet and soldered around the wire.

In regards to the elevator pushrod, it probably be easier to use one pushrod thrugh teh center of the fuse. The hole on the former should line up exactly. I've been using this technic in all my warbirds, never had a failure. Make sure you put a tube around the clevis to prevent disengagement. You can always inspect looking through the tail wheel opening.

Looking forward to see the wing build!

JoseG
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65428.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	1657240