RCU Forums - View Single Post - RC Trucks 101
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2011, 07:59 PM
edgeverse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Trucks 101

I'll try to answer this as best I can.

1. The transmitter has two trim switches for the steering. The left is ST TRIM and the dial on the right is ST D/R. Playing around with these dials seem to have random effects.
One trim button would make more sense, left/right to adjust how straight the car goes while not steering. The effects seem to vary no matter how I set them so can anyone explain
exactly how they work and affect the steering on the car?

You have a steering trim and throttle trim. thats why you have two knobs on the radio.

2. What is the Servo? The part that controls the steering? Or is it the part that controls the transmitter voltage to the motor?

The servo is for steering.

3. What is the ESC? What does ESC stand for? Ditto to the above question.

esc means electronic speed control

4. Besides the obvious boost in power, what is the difference between a brushless and a brushed motor?

brushless motors have better performance.

5. Why do Tamiya to Banana connectors all come with a male Tamiya end? Every car I own requires a female.

I cant answer about the tamiya plug, my backdraft has deans and my hpi blitz has tamiya.

6. How can I connect a Banana connector to a wire on my own?

for banana connectors, if the battery has them, then obviously your esc must.

7. Why do Lipo batteries and Ni Mh batteries require different types of chargers?

they are quite different, thats why

8. If I put a different motor in of the same type (brushless or Brushed) do I need to change other parts such as the ESC or servo?

servo can stay, if you put a brsuless motor in, make sure the esc is brushless, same for brushed, also, if you upgrade a brushed motor, make sure your esc can handle it

9. Why does it matter to have a transmitter with more channels when a simple 2 channel seems to work fine? (more channels are far more expensive)

cant answer this one