RCU Forums - View Single Post - .049 VA split case
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 06:45 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: .049 VA split case

ORIGINAL: danilo-2

Dunno Seems silly small area for anything but a speed run ... 1/2A combat wings with a Cyclon Or Fora that see 'contest' duty are a wee bit larger than that and most certainly Not a sheet of Balsa.
Friend won the bladder grabber on a cloned Foamie mitt Cyclon and it certainly seemed a sizable model, befitting the good power that wee Russian rascal put out.
Note that a fresh Latest edition Cyclon will lighten your wallet by approx $300 by the time you get the necessary for Conbat 'extras'
Assuming you can find a reliable supplier :-). Certainly dampened MY Cyclon Lust .
Last time I checked, Doug Galbreathe was a reliable supplier. The problem is he doesn't place an order until he gets a quantity of orders so that he can get a bulk discount from Cyclon.
Depending on where your money comes in during the ebb and flow of his supply of engines you might have a long wait or you might not.
I have a Cyclon .061 powered model that did almost 150 mph on 30% nitro, the wing is about 125 square inches and it's made out of 1/4" balsa sheet.
The wings have to be very thin on a 1/2A speed model.
I would look at the Stuka Stunt and MACA bulletin boards for good used engines, as well as Ebay. There are alot of old timers who got into 1/2A combat as an after thought who have low time engines sitting around collecting dust.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49040.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	1659706   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93953.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1659707