RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 06:20 AM
nitrohead5300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: 378

What I like: 4WD, the engine is longitudinally mounted for once so there should be less driveline resistance and it should be more reliable. Looks nice. Should be a tough little thing.

What I don't like: The price is pretty absurd, even for 1/5th scale stuff. 1500 for the Bind 'n Drive?! The name is...well, the name's absurd too. Nobody in Losi's R&D department is any good at naming things if the best they can come up with is 5IVE. Aaaand the engine and mounts look proprietary, as if it will be a bit of a faff getting any of the maany hotter 5B engines to pop in there.
That engine position is going to cause tremendous torque steer, definitely not an advantage. What makes you say it should be tough? Losi doesn't exactly have a reputation for tough! lol. I have no idea, nor will I be even remotely interested in it, I'm just playing devil's advocate.
............In the videos for the Losi truck it did not appear to have a torque steer problem. I believe with a non modified motor you should not have any torque steer problems butttttttt when you start putting highly modified motors in you might have a problem with torque steer. We won't know until this truck spends some time on the track. I know I put a .28 modified Nova Rossi in my NTC-3 and it was a inline engine arrangment and I did not have any torque steer problems .