RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pro Line (Electronics Inc.) - it's history?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 AM
HIr/cer
My Feedback: (74)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pro Line (Electronics Inc.) - it's history?

ORIGINAL: LesUyeda

'' I was a home ACE dealer for a while,''

And I was ACE Service Center West (their first satelite repair facility), for several years, till I tired of the tired excuses from the home builder, about how ACE had sent them bad stuff, because their kit didn't work after they assembled it. Of course, the burnt up traces from using too large an iron; the pulled up lands; and the diodes installed backwards didn't have anything to do with it:-((((((((((((((((

Les
As an Ace Service Center, you must have received a lot of those unfair assessments of Ace R/C kits! Looking at Heathkit and Ace ads for R/C kits back then, I chose the Ace Silver Seven set which included the Digital Commander 1-8 receiver kit at that time and except for a faulty transmitter IC chip (replaced by Ace, they just wanted the faulty chip returned), it performed flawlessly. Bought and built another Silver Seven set shortly thereafter, with the metal sticks, expo, roll, and CAR options and was also quite satisfied with it. Also really liked those compact Ace Bantam Midget servo kits.