RCU Forums - View Single Post - SD-10G & RX700 Range Check
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 11:07 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SD-10G & RX700 Range Check

I've gone back and started re-testing the range check on some of my planes. Not surprisingly, planes that I've been flying for a while on FHSS-1 receivers and my SD-10g without incident have range checked just fine.

I recently range checked my Imagine 50 pattern plane and my Super Decathlon; both are being flown on my SD-10g with 92824 receivers. I want to range test a plane with the 92824 receiver that I loaned to Nathan King for testing. That receiver failed a range test with Nathan's (second) SD-10g transmitter, but tested perfectly fine with an RDS8000 using the same setup, batteries, servos, environment, and range check situation.

My theory is that we're seeing a compatibility issue between certain hardware/software/firmware versions of the SD-10g transmitter and certain versions of the receiver hardware/software/firmware.

If I can find a receiver that range checks perfectly fine with my transmitter, and another receiver that doesn't pass a range check with my SD-10g but passes just fine my RDS8000, I will send my SD-10g in with both receivers for further examination.

One problem with trying to do this is I may not have the hardware/software/firmware on my SD-10g that is causing the problem. I haven't yet seen a range check fail with my own SD-10g; it was purchased in July 2010. It is from the serial number range listed in the service bulletin concerning temporary lockouts on FHSS-1 receivers, but I never sent it in because I wasn't experiencing any problems.

The very consistent and easily reproduced range testing failures that I've seen on SD-10g transmitters owned by Nathan King and Harry Perkons took place on transmitters newer than my own. I wonder if the range check failure issue might be exclusive to newer hardware/firmware/software versions of the SD-10g.

We'll get all of the SD-10g owners in our club together and try to do some more extensive testing once Nathan King's transmitter comes back from being serviced.