View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 03:03 PM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Official Losi 26cc 5IVE-T Thread

ORIGINAL: Foxy

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

the wheels have a certain amount of gyroscopic effect (different to torque effect, that is described by robyn) which is what gives you in flight control especially with nitros....all to do with the tires spinning.......exactly the same effect as a MX bike off jumps....rev it to get the back end down, hit the brake to get the front to pitch down.

as i said previously the counter rotation of the centre drive train will all but eliminate the effect from the engine crankshaft.
There is no counter rotation, unless there was another engine on the other side. It's exactly the same effect that causes cars to pull wheelies. One part wants to stand still while the other wants to accelerate, it's just its harder to notice (but not impossible) when its lateral.
Cars wheelie because torque at the hub combined with the traction at the tire overcomes the weight of the forward part of the car. The wheel wants to rotate, the ground wont let it... so the car itself goes the opposite direction (up). Torque steer in a car with a live axle (like a crawler) is caused by the load on the driveline. The motor wants the diff to rotate, traction at the wheels doesn't... so the entire axle twists off center. In the case of this Losi up there, torque steer would only be caused by the rotational mass of parts accelerating/decelerating, and would be extremely minimal. What he mooman is talking about (steering), is gyroscopic. You can feel the same effect when you spin a bicycle wheel in your hands and try to turn it. This is not torque steer.

Not arguing, just injecting my 2 cents.