RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Funtana 125
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 06:44 PM
Slow and Steady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Funtana 125

Just thought I would restate my fix for the yellowing. Take about an 8 inch length of blue painters tape and stick it to the yellowing area. You will likely go through half a role before your done. I started at the ailerons. When you peal the tape off, the yellow film comes off with it. While you need to use care around the red and black boarders, the whole process took about an hour and left the plane as good as new. This is a fantastic plane and worth the patient effort. Incidentally, the red and black areas do not come off as readily as the yellowing clear film, but do require some care.

Regardng a great and unexpected engine option for this plane is the DLE 20. A fellow at our field flies every type of 3 D menuver with this combo and gets at least a 20 minute flight and great vertical. The 20 is lighter than any 30 cc gasser and similar to the original Hangar 9 specs. When he first mentioned the preference for the 20 I was skeptical. But after watching him fly it this weekend, I was convinced he made the right choice. It flew lighter and had minimal, if any wing rock.