RCU Forums - View Single Post - Much To Do About Nothing!
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Much To Do About Nothing!

ORIGINAL: Avaiojet

//snip//
So, I decided to build a nice CL model from ''what I have on hand'' in my hobby space, the garage.

//snip//
By this I mean, use only what is on hand or already available, PURCHASE NOTHING!

Balsa, ply, silk, HDWE, wheels, gear, engine, etc. I think I even have wheel pants?

I'm sure I have everything I need to stay ''honest'' about this, to use only stuff I already have. I'll have to get CA, but that's about it.

Well, I take that back, everything expect finish and paint. I have none of that stuff.

I do have a Banshee wing kit or two, so I can start with this.

This isn't a build thread, so there won't be ''day by day photos'' of my progress. If it's like my other builds, I won't get it finished anyway.

//snip//
Anyone else want to do the same thing?

If so, there are ''Four Rules.''

Rule number one.

You have to be honest, in that you use only materials on hand. No buying anything except glue and paint products.

Rule number two.

You are ''King of your domain,'' if you fail, that is, buy something or have something given to you, you must admit it.

Rule number three.

Absolutely, Post ''no photos.'' Nada, nothing, not a one, until the model is ''completely'' finished. Totally finished.

Rule number four.

You cannot use an existing model, you must build this one from scratch.

Yes, those of you, who choose to take this on, can Post ''written text only,'' this will be allowed. But, positively NO PHOTOS until the model is completed, totally!

This can be fun, but you must obey the rules.

Charles

OK that would be fun for the average kit builder type modeler. OTOH I have great supplies of Balsa, spruce, plywood and finishing materials of a number of different types. I can do this kind of airplane in about 4-5 hours just using my Scrap-BOXES of woods, etc. and/or make one from foam-board or cardboard all of which I have on hand. In addition I have a number of CL kits ready for the building table.

I have on hand 4 models, 3 are .049 which I use with kids in my backyard. One is a .19 powered profile, solid wing, with a Fox .19. It is over 25 years old but will fly when asked. As of a couple weeks ago I can fly 65' lines in my back yard so I can do what you asked in less than a day, from .049 to .60 or so.

Where woud I fit into your plan?

Now just because I said I CAN, does not mean that I will get off my lazy bottom and DO IT!!!!!!