RCU Forums - View Single Post - 37 University Club
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 11:54 AM
MarTay6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 37 University Club

Hi, Reinga-
Thanks for taking my news as it was meant! I felt bad about my response after posting it, hoping you didn't feel insulted. I got the impression it was a single channel unit from what I saw at the hobby shop site, sorry- apparently I was wrong! Too bad you couldn't gain access to the rudder servo easier.
The T-37 kit has a very good reputation. I started off building a Star 45 hull, haven't gotten around to finishing it up- wanted to get on the water quickly, so I just purchased an R/C Laser... about the quickest way to hit the water with a good boat there is! Hope to launch her for the first time this weekend- storms prevented it this past weekend.
I came very close to buying the T-37 instead of the Laser, but I wanted a ready-to-go boat. Still would like to build the T-37. He makes a T-37 X, which has a different transom design- and also makes carbon fiber boom/mast setup for it you might want to check out. And invest in a good spread spectrum 2.4 Ghz radio system to go with it- they're not that expensive, and it'll go from boat to boat.
Good luck!
Wes