RCU Forums - View Single Post - this is why i hate e-flite
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:59 PM
rmenke
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this is why i hate e-flite

HF:

Don't see you getting any help here. I am no expert, but have made more than my fair mestakes with this stuff, so will try.

1.Turn on your transmitter, place motor stick all the way down, and trim tab down.
2. Hook things back up, let the ESC finish all its beeping, and try again.
3. If still not working, replace the ESC with a known working ESC. Check that things are working correctly by hooking things up to a known working motor.
4. Still not working? Re-soder battey to ESC, ESC to motor connections. If working replace the old Turnigy ESC. If not working now we know the ESC is bad. I have been using these ESC's for years to 100 amp and never a problem, for what its worth, but have had several bad Castle Creations among others.

I asume you have a "Watt Meter"? If not, get one, can't live without one. Any sport system should be ballanced, the only way is with the watt meeter. Motor watt draw should be lower than ESC rating. Battery draw below battery output rating. A correctly ballanced system will never run hot, Use prop sizes to lower or increase watt meeter limits. Speed and performance systems do and will run hot, limited life span. Do not go there until you have things down well and are ready to spend big bucks for a real scooter system. Hope this helps ENJOY