RCU Forums - View Single Post - this is why i hate e-flite
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: this is why i hate e-flite

As stated in your other thread, bad solder joint at the connections between the esc and motor.

And the continued running up the motor like this may have easily damaged both the esc and motor.[&:]

Just consider it a lesson learned, it's part of the hobby. And at least in this case you got away fairly cheap.
It's up in the air, when something goes wrong, that it can get really expensive.

In the future, if it doesn't work right the first time or two, STOP. Go back and check over it all to see why it isn't working. Then if you can't seem to find the problem, ask.
It's why many of us hang out here. We've been there, done that, got the Tee shirt and scars to prove it. And paid the price in dollars way too many times.

I know we all think for some reason if we keep hammering on it, it will finally start to work. But it doesn't work that way with electrics, or really anything else for that matter.
All that happens is something breaks.

And it's no big deal, it will happen. Murphy is always out there, just waiting to slap you silly when you don't expect it.