RCU Forums - View Single Post - Will a CEN 7.7 fit on losi lst
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
Default RE: Will a CEN 7.7 fit on losi lst

ORIGINAL: thechillone

Have a losi lst with a .26 and looking to make this thing fly i was thinking i would like to put a CEN 7.7 engine on there will this work and just drop in or any one have any ideas on a great motor to put on this truck 4.0 horsepower or more
Forget about horsepower numbers. They truly are meaningless if they're coming from the manufacturer. On the Cen engine... Just because its bigger doesnt mean its better. I think your best bet on any Losi Monster truck is a stout .28, FOC conversion with gear flip mod, Reverse delete, and some really good steering servos. This would make a rock solid, fast, wheelie giving monster truck. I personally havent ran a 7.7, but I would imagine its not much of a revver. A .28 will outrev that 7.7 by a far more usable margin. I personally dont see an LST benefiting from any engine larger than .30ci displacement. Real world power numbers for that .26 its got now is probably in the 1.2-1.6hp range. A good, high end .28 will see 2hp or a tad better.. maybe 2.5hp?

What exactly do you want the truck to do? Wheelies all day long or be fast and give up the wheelies on command?