RCU Forums - View Single Post - 0.60 vs. 0.65
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 06:00 AM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 0.60 vs. 0.65

my apoligies, I posted on here a few days ago, but it apparently didnt "Stick"

All Jett engines are assembled to order. So there is lead time for all of them runs about 2-3 weeks.

For a SJ-65 engine - yes, much longer wait but not considered a back order. This is not a standard product. Custom built, no parts in stock. The big block SJ-76 and SJ-90L are the standard large engine products and can be delivered in a couple of weeks. The .65 has not been available for many years and is built only on special request.

The smaller SJ-60L is a standard product. Keep in mind, this is a "46" size engine. The SJ-90L and SJ-76 are (and very original SJ-60 and SJ-65 were) big-block .61 10cc engines. Bigger case, bigger muffler yes, weight more.

The 60L is a fantastic engine. Power to weight is hard to beat anywhere. Many of the classic pattern guys are flying these in aircraft originally designed for ST 60 blue heads, Webra speed .61, Webra blackhead, and the old OS60FSR. Performance and weight combination makes for great flying aircraft.

Thrust - not a good word to use really. That assumes a prop doing work, props vary, conditions and speed vary, trust varies with forward airspeed - static thrust means very little on a forward moving fixed wing aircraft.

Tell me more about your application, and I can assist with engine choice.