RCU Forums - View Single Post - What IBEC to buy?
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What IBEC to buy?

I have been offered an exchange on my "Zeus" by 42% for a new "Mini-Thor" IBEC and also purchased a Tech-Aero "Ultra-IBEC. I will compare them to each other and decide which one I like best. I do not do business with TBM.

Tech-Aero "Ultra IBEC" design, which from the ground up is designed to virtually eliminate noise in the wiring from the CDI, and furthermore, not to worsen the situation as a switching regulator approach may easily do. It has dual common mode filter, combined with a low pass filter for the power leads, and also add optical isolation for the signal lead. Linear line regulation is used to avoid introducing any switching noise as always occurs with switch mode regulator designs.

A proven design and a fact that no one has ever reported having a crash that implicates, or even hints at the Ultra IBEC being the cause or even a contributing factor since it's introduction in 2010.

That is a darned good reputation for the Tech-Aero unit. I will still give 42% a chance to prove their IBEC since they are offering a free exchange for the new unit. Both the 42% and the Tech-Aero units have the features you have mentioned.

These are just my personal decisions/deductions and I am not imposing them on others.

MADE IN USA!