RCU Forums - View Single Post - 83' VQ models P-38 electric conversion
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 06:57 PM
Screaming Eagle 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 83' VQ models P-38 electric conversion

HELLO Sudstad

Well the gremlin are still at it.got about two feet off the ground and the right ESC, burn up on me. landed in the tall grass so ever thing come out all right.  The new battery I was tell you about came out all right but not quit as good as I was hoping for them to. only getting 9 min of time I was really hoping for a good 11 to 12 min  50.00 a pack for 3 more min is now what i was really wanting. 

As you know I have the left motor turning to the left  so it pulled quit a bite to the left but the rudder was able to hold it straight but that was it. boy when you come in for a landing it is hot, has one long run out to slow down. Haven't used the flap's yet. one test on the old battery's. Then put the new one's in and the ESC burned out. Had to really dial out the dur  rate for steering on the ground, was just way, way, to touchy. I have the  F4U CORAIR, That i have been having a field day with, it fly just a little bite faster than a trainer, handles like a trainer, can't remember if it 14.2 or 14.5 5000ma battery's in it and getting about 15 min out of it and if you run out of batter you just glide back, it is a ball only has a 57inch wing span on it an a little 25fms motor but well swing a big 12'' 4 blade prop i just don't know how it dose it. I tried my 46 with that prop, and it was trying to really get hot so i shut it down.

Getting ready to build a r/c car for racing this winter, love to race oval track in the winter not going to build a plane this winter.
I was going to build a p-47 but the wife said she wanted me to spend more time with her this winter. And i can under stand I was out in the shop 5 to 8hr a day last year, at lease 5 some times 6 day's a week.

WELL you nice a nice one and well talk to you later.

SCREAMING EAGLE  II