RCU Forums - View Single Post - ParkZone Spitfire Mk IX !!!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:53 PM
guapoman2000

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: ParkZone Spitfire Mk IX !!!

Guys,

Just another Super Morning / Day in Central Florida and especially Orlando, Florida where I visited a new RC Club that I made myself a member of back mid last year and they have installed a runway made of recycled Concrete material and padded down using a large machine.

From all of the places that I have flown my Park Zone Spitfire Mk IX, I can tell you that this is the best type of surface I have encountered to take-off and land. The model's ground handling looks so realistic and I flew the Spitfire for 4 spectacular flights of 6 minutes each and it was balls to the wall flying in rather calm conditions and right next to a lake. This is the only thing about this club that you really can not be weak at the knees to fly out of this location as a result from the Lake.

The model took off in less than 15 feet on this surface and it was applying gradual throttle and it did NOT veer off to the Left and it lifted it's tail wheel just like the Full size and made a super scale take-off that everyone enjoyed flight after flight.

The landings were something to see as this place does have trees surrounding the field and perhaps helped in keeping the wind down without any cross wind thereby, allowing perfect Landing facing the North and was able to command the model to gradually sink in level flight right at the edge of the runway for a smooth and super scale run-out and most especially without nosing over (never did the model even come close to exhibit a NOSE OVER!). As a matter of fact I was able to command the Spitfire to perform some neat one wheel main gear landings / touchdowns.

Again, a few pictures from this morning at the Orlando, Florida RC Club.

Looking North

Looking South and almost at the edge of the Runway

Over Looking the Large Lagoon!

Closeup Over Looking the Lagoon!

My Methods of securing my Spitfire

My bat-mobile charging station - no time to waste while driving