RCU Forums - View Single Post - A (mild) rant about Tower
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 08:02 PM
PVenkman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A (mild) rant about Tower

After using an Airtronics SP7 for nearly 15 years (not continuously, there was a 10-year break in there) I decided it was finally time to go with some more modern technology and get a computer radio. For a variety of reasons I picked a Royal Evo 9 (synthesized version).

I ordered just the transmitter, no servos or receivers, from Tower back in July. At the time they were showing 'late July' as the stock status.

As July drew to a close the stock status became 'early August', then 'mid-August', and today I see it's become 'late August'. Even worse, I've heard plenty of rumors that Hitec doesn't really expect this version of the radio to be in the US for another few months!

Now I realize Tower can't ship me something the manufacturer hasn't shipped to them. However, I do wish Tower could give a more accurate idea of WHEN they might ship this radio out. As it is I flat-out don't believe them anymore, at least not on this piece of merchandise.

I'm not really upset with Tower - I just want to get my grubby little paws on my new radio!