RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultra Sport .40 with Jett SJ .56LX! Pics & Video!!!
Old 10-17-2011, 09:16 PM
KC10Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultra Sport .40 with Jett SJ .56LX! Pics & Video!!!

ORIGINAL: wyo69cowboy

Looks and sounds great! I've thought several times of building one of these; I like the lines with the retracts up. How's the airfoil/drag of this airframe? Is there much speed potential in it, say compared to a Sundowner, Revolver, or other common sport plane? Not looking for extreme speed, but something a little more exciting for my (slow) thumbs...
That is exactly why I built this plane. It's definitely exciting. Fast, but not TOO fast. I used to have a Diamond Dust with a Jett FIRE .50 on it. That was too fast. I'm guessing that this thing is doing about 130 mph or so. Jett makes an awesome motor. The Ultra Sport is an older design. The plane is pretty sleek though. When you cut the power, it's going to take a bit for it to slow down. It's not very draggy. You have to give it some room to slow down for landing. Still, it flies real nice and lands real nice. My US60 is the same way. The Sundowner probably isn't any faster. There's a couple of those at my field. They're not as fast as my US40. Maybe with a Jett 56 they would be. The US40 is quite the build. Lots of sanding. It's a real sturdy and very well built plane though. They make an ARF version too.