RCU Forums - View Single Post - Select engine(s) if had to replace bearins in less than a year
Old 10-18-2011, 01:44 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: OS 46/55 bearings bad again!

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

Cool power is bad about rust and mostly over the winter. Evinen with cool power they should last several years. Some are using after run oil, but of course that is no help.

I've burned drums of Cool Power when flying pattern without incident. If someone wants to ignore the wisdom that is available for free on the net or the magazines and be irresponsible with their engines and not run them dry nor use Marvel Air Tool oil for an ARO, then I guess he will have to suffer the consequences.

Another point is that beginners are the biggest users of OS engines, and rightfully so. OS engines are the easiest to get going if you are without experienced help. However, the reason that the Super Tigre and other brands other than OS have fewer bearing problems is because these folks are a more experienced group and have lots more experienceor with glow engines. Tuning (too rich or too lean) can influence the life of your engine and its bearings.

Ed Cregger