RCU Forums - View Single Post - drawing too many amps?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 11:41 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: drawing too many amps?

1st off I stated the ESC and prop were both the most common brands so why is a link required? The motor is a KMS brand that were imported by Global (Hobby People) they now use their own name brand and I could not find a KMS website. The battery I used on all the wattmeter tests was a Hobby People 3S 2200mah 20C battery. I gave the data for the motor from the sheet that came with the motor. My main concern is I have a few of KMS motors and none of the suggested props even comes close to the motors current draw.
This is one of the main reasons that I and my flying buddies don't fly electric because all the different manufactures gives differnet specs and usually its marketing BS and nowhere near the real specs. I know that E Flite and Rimfire information is close to being right but these off brands are so far off you end up burning up the components.

my solution to the orginal problem was to set the throttle throw so the motor wouldn't draw over 16 amps. I haven't flown it yet becuase I'm still rebuilding the orginal plane.