Thread: ABC vs. ABN
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Lewis S.
My Feedback: (229)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ABC vs. ABN

Hi Guys,
Saw the posting; want to clear something up... I did all of the original evaluation of the TT-40 Pro engines for Nepro when the K&B 40 was going away back in 2003. They were ABN then and ABN now. They were never ABC. The big difference was they were double nickel plated VS and single layer OS used at that time. The Thunder Tiger liner never showed signs of peeling and as far as wear and life span, nickel will hold up just as well as chrome with the fuel that we run and at rpm's in 424. Overall this has been the best engine to ever become available for the sport flyer who wanted to race. For a mass produced engine, they are very consistent, hold up well and are readily available. Do they have some short comings, sure, what engine doesn't, but they are easy work arounds. Heck when they had the K&B 4011 for Nepro 424, you had to buy 6 to get one good one, or pay Clarence Lee, Fran Mitchell or myself to build you one. Even at that it took hours to carefully break it in, and one lean run to kill it.

Lewis