RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1.26 Glow Twin?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 10:37 AM
fujiman
My Feedback: (133)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1.26 Glow Twin?

ORIGINAL: jaka

Hi!
Being the Swedish MVVS distributer I'm sorry to say that the those twin engines were a total failure for MVVS!
They did not run well! Ten years ago I sold one of those and the later I run one myself. Both of these engines were extremely unreliable on idle and they were both imposible to set rich at full power which made them run very hot. But being ABC engines they could stand it though! But it made me think that something was not the way it should be...
Then there was the problem with fitting silencers without having problem reaching the fuelneedles. Got the thought that MVVS had stopped thinking here ... Badly constructed is just the beginning!

I have tried both the walbro carb which is mounted as standard and ordinary R/C carbs from MVVS (7and 8mm) and all carbs has worked as bad as the walbro!
So! Sorry to say. The MVVS twin is not an engine which you would put in an expensive airplane! No wonder MVVS stopped making them after just a couple of years!
a fellow over in Australia and i have been in contact with each other about getting our twins running correctly. one thing i did was to add a head shim, and add a wt-499 alky carb. i'm also looking at the intake block and reed assy. i'll will be running on board glow ign. from 1/3 thrott. down to full idle. i will be running enya #3 glow plugs and 15% nitro fuel (reason for lowing compression). i'm a small eng. tech. by trade and i refuse to give up on the eng. it is a challenge i'm sure, but i refuse to give up.

i' haven't herd from my friend in assy land lately but he is trying some things too. we'll keep everyone posted.

ALWAYS REMEMBER: fly in the middle of the air, danger lurks out at the edges!!!!!![X(]