RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/8TH SCALE HYDRO BUILD QUESTIONS
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts
Default RE: 1/8TH SCALE HYDRO BUILD QUESTIONS

ORIGINAL: faceplantjae

. I do have a couple more questions though.

1) If I go with the CMB .67, will any engine mount work?
2) Is a turn fin necessary?
3) I hear good things and bad things about an auto bailor. Should I use one? Or should I make a suction bailor? Of course I hope to not have any leaks in my boat to begin with.....
4) It is coming into Christas shopping time, and I am sure my wife is going to cut into my boat money for gifts. My question is this... Do I need to have the engine mounted with all the servos and gear, and rudder assembly in order to complete the wood build part of the boat?

Thanks again for all the great help.

And I have some answers for you:
1) NO. Dumas has an odd sized engine bay so not all engine mounts will work. If you have to tools, you may be money ahead to make something yourself.
2) Only if you want the boat to turn. The turn fin holds the front of the boat in the turn and is actually a pivot point the boat revolves around. Not having a turn fin will cause the boat to slide sideways rather than turn
3) An auto bailer is not needed. Just drill a drain hole in the back of both sponsons and each side of the transom for the area under the deck. Cover with monokote or similar and run it
4) No, but having all the parts that are affected by hardware that is under the deck fitted before the deck goes on will make your build go smoother.