RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEXSTAR ARF .....PROBLEMS...PROBLEMS
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2011, 03:22 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEXSTAR ARF .....PROBLEMS...PROBLEMS

A few years, there was a plane that was much like a NexSTAR with no dihedral but it was a trike. It was a Midwest Aerobat. Minnflyer did a review on it which led me to buy one. It was such a fun plane to fly. It was a semi-symetrical wing, though, not a flat bottom wing, if I recall correctly. I'll have to look at Minnflyers review to recall what it was. Here is the link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...fm?kit_id=2569

Unfortunately, one day, it was windy out and I flew it, oh, four or five flights. After the last flight, I landed just fine, taxied over to the pits and shut it down. I put it on the ground next to the work bench and walked over to my car to get something. A gust of wind came, picked up the plane, flipped it over, and crunched the area of the fuselage where the front of the wing sets in... broke it all to hell. There was also damage to the vertical stab and to the area around the tail feathers.

I still have the plane but other projects led me away from it, but it still sits there waiting me to fix it and get it back up. I was thinking of making it a tail dragger, though.

If the Nexstar conversion flys like that, well you will have a lot of fun with it.

CGr.