RCU Forums - View Single Post - Just picked up a Shredder XT now I have some Questions.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Just picked up a Shredder XT now I have some Questions.

i have 4 skylipo packs. 3 of 2s 5000mah and one 3s 5000mah. no issues with them yet. they claim 30-60c, and have nice thick wire leads. 3 of mine are the soft case, and 1 is a hardcase pack

thus far, i have been happy with all but 1 item from hobbypartz.com

i had bought one of the gt3b radios, many people like them, i just didnt. not the sites fault, just my preference.

i have also bought several of the t-pro metal geared servos. at $12-$15 a pop they are awsome. plenty of torque for most any 1/10 or crawler or 1/8 scale rc.

iv got an ezrun 35amp system from them as well.

and i had bought some drift tires and a couple of bodies from there as well. always had decent shipping times and packaged well. and the prices are hard to beat.

any order over $50 ships free....gotta love that!

going from 4s to 6s will add about 8 volts to the motor. thats alot more juice! i would highly suggest a temp gun. anytime you go messing with the voltage or gearing of an electric model you want to check the temps on motor/batts/speed control to make sure you wont cook something.
safe motor temps are about 150-160. if it goes above 190 you are in danger of burning it up.

esc shouldnt go above 160 either. 140 tops it better.

lipos shouldnt really get hot at all, maybe 110 or 120 if its a really hot day.

hope that helps!