RCU Forums - View Single Post - hyper 7 tq or an ultra lx2?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 03:03 PM
Minkis815

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 7 tq or an ultra lx2?

I want a car that I can race. Not a basher! I race short course, and mod truck. Both electric. And I want to get back into racing nitro buggies. I have a GS Racing Storm that is 80% out of commission. No motor and no electronics. I use to race that car back in 06 when parts where still available. I moved and it has since seized up. And the servo's are also seized. I have been stairing at it for the past few months and just don't think it's worth make drivable again. So that being said, I'm in the market for a new buggy. I'm looking at the OFNA Hyper 7 TQ and the OFNA Ultra LX2. Both seem like decent buggies. I'd replace the steering servo befor I even put fuel it. But are they worth even getting? Are the motor's decent power wise? As for the radio I will be using the Spektrum DX3R Pro. I tried to pull out my starter box and fire up the GS (Befor I knew it was seized) and one of the motors was burnt. So I need everything except an igniter and some other basic nitro stuff. If it's all just medioaker I'll wait throw down the cash for a Losi 8ight 2.0 rtr and sell the radio. Or get an RC8B rtr and have to add a bunch of stuff to my purchase. But either way I want to get racing. So with a $350 budget for the car what is a decent buggie? I am open to suggestion as well.