RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:45 AM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

ORIGINAL: NoTraxxisRustler

EXT2Rob

Do you know anyone who has used those DTX CVDs? I keep bending axles.

I have no idea how you are driving that vader with 5700KV motor. Mine with a 3200KV motor is a beast.As the old saying goes, anything will fly with a big enough motor. Seems to apply with mine.

I'd like to see how that new tranny hardware is. Hopefully they are not using pot metal and saying "metal gears".

NTR
Yeah, my buddy has the CVDs on his 4600kv SV2, he really likes 'em. Ireally need 'em for my car. IHAVE worn out the pins on the ends of my dogbones.
If it wasn't for the tweakability of the Castle system via CastleLink, my car would probably be nearly undriveable. The most important parameter being the Torque Control adjustment which limits the amount of torque. Ihave much more control at lower speeds of the power delivery now, like when coming out of corners. Still has an incredible top end.

I don't know if Proline tires will mount to the stock wheels. Since they used very little glue at the assembly plant, you probably could get them off without too much crap left on the rim. The Dirt Hawg IIs were an improvement over the stock tires, and are a better "all around" tire than the stock. They're great on really short grass, but on bare dirt, Ithink the PL Gladiators are going to hook up better.

IHAVEgone thru a number of Top Gears and Diffs in the year I've had the car. Oddly, tho, I haven't stripped a Top Gear since going brushless! Idid strip a diff gear. Ialso installed basically the same slipper setup DTX is now using in the BL version.

CUMMINS - You are probably right, if the tranny gears are of sufficient quality (and THERE'Sthe rub!) you should be able to wheelie yer brains out, but the stock evader drive train, while pretty strong, is not bullet-proof. The new tranny with the metal diff case should be a BIG improvement in the bullet-proof direction. You still might wanna drop a tooth or three on your pinion. The stock 20T is too high. (Ican't believe the BLversion comes with a 24T!! That motor will get HOT. 20T would be better)

Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!
Rob
Rob