RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Sig Kadet LT-25 happy Conversion Customer w/ Pics
Old 12-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Rickofaustin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Sig Kadet LT-25 happy Conversion Customer w/ Pics

I couldnt be happier with my choice of an LT-25 by Sig combined with an older verion of the AXI 2820-10 on 3s packs (2250 and 3300mah) with a Castle Creations Phoenix 35.

I have been playing with model AC foreverbut have only in the last 10 years got into the RC aspect. Started making big mistakes by building too much airplane then dealing with the crashes trying to teach myself. Now I can almost confidently fly the LT and reliably get it back! Built the plane about 7 years ago and untill recently it was still over my head.

Covered in monokote, built to the plans except for the nose structure and control. Used kevlar fishing line for control cables with small loops of safety wire as adjustable links (bend them with 2 needle nose for more tension). Works great with nothing to break!

Flew it for a while with an 11x 7 3/4 Yello Kavan prop that seemed to work great, had tried various APC props but tended to overprop it making it harder to handle and easier to crash. A 10 x 5 APC was lame and the plane felt mushy but still flew great and more realistic.

Now it has a AeroNaut Cam 11.5 x6 folding prop that is smooth quiet and very efficient. Am just now realizing what I was missing with an efficient folding prop. Can climb steeply trimmed for best glide, shut it down andglide with the soaring birds.
Can run at 1/4 power quiet as can be making gently manuvers over the field, or go to full power and fly itlike a pattern ship. Or at least my neighbor can. Its the quietest powered RC plane at my field by far.

It has one servo for the airlerons, any advice on using 2 and enabling flaps on the Spektrum DX6i ?
Would the flaps be effective in steepening the approach?

You cant go wrong with the Kadet.
Thanks in Advance
Rick

Guess I need to lear how to imbed pics

here is a link to a few on fliker

www.flickr.com/photos/55171878@N05/sets/72157628235770435/

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40711.jpg
Views:	516
Size:	197.1 KB
ID:	1693809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kg15289.jpg