RCU Forums - View Single Post - Using TrackIR with Aerofly 5/RC7
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2011, 06:06 AM
rajul
My Feedback: (58)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Using TrackIR with Aerofly

The instructions provides the url for downloading the software, basically from the TrackIR website. Download was pretty fast and no registration was required. You could also download the software manual but I found out later that the software interface was pretty intuitive and easy to use. Well, I figured out the fastest way to setup the software, and also managed to optimize the parameters for fixed pilot position in Aerofly 5. What you need to do is to first roughly center your head position with respect to the display, look into the center target in the software panel, then click F12 to center it. Below are my optimized parameters which you can set in the software menu (this will give what I feel is the closest pilot eye view/movement in the field but you can adjust it to your taste):

Motion control: Speed = 0.8; Smooth = 10
Profile: One:One (Tick the exclusive box)

You only need to set this once, and the software will retain your latest settings. Note that you have to run this software first before starting up Aerofly 5. There is nothing that needs to be set in the Aerofly 5 program , so that makes it even easier! Here's a screenshot of the software interface.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31686.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	1694094  

Last edited by rajul; 11-21-2014 at 06:13 PM.