RCU Forums - View Single Post - Best truck to get me into the hobby.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 11:36 AM
mudfrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Best truck to get me into the hobby.

Well to answer some questions.. yes I will be alone (for the most part).  The local 4x4 store has got into RC's and I know him ok as I used to buy some parts for my truck there.  I'm sure if I buy some RC parts from him he could help me with tuning if there were any issues that were beyond me.  That being said I do have a mechanical background (I'm actually in the automotive industry).  We mess around with trucks, four wheelers and dirt bikes at the house.  I'm sure there will be a learning curve but it shouldn't be anything out of reach for me. 

I'm not too concerned with noise.  We are on a 5-6 acre lot and constantly ride our four wheelers and dirt bikes and neighbors haven't complained yet.  I would imagine the Savage would be quieter than the 2 stroke dirt bikes.

I got out of four wheeling due to the cost of gas.  I used to have a fairly nice blazer that I enjoyed working on.  I'm looking at coming into this hobby to have fun driving but to also have fun building the truck. 

Originally I looked at going with an electric.  And while I'm sure they are nice I feel like I'd enjoy a nitro RC more.  I don't mind the break in process, maintenance etc..