RCU Forums - View Single Post - The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 07:36 PM
JRockZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C. Part 2.

cummins driverI totally agree with you it is a very durable truck, my first trans got me a little over a month with the stock electronics and TONSof bashing!! Then i added a Velineon system and i was surprized how well the diff gear held up, i probably ran 20-30 packs through it (mind you i only have 8.4V nimh's),,, And it may have even lasted longer however my slipper started loosening up on me and i wound up having to run it tight,,, only took about 10 wheelies till i heard the diff gear clicking, actually it was kind of cool the sound it made made it sound like it had a real engine in it for a little bit.
I knew the diff ripped but i was able to finish running the pack dead by being light on the trigger and gradually picking up speed.

I then took everything apart added a new difff outer case that i found at a LHS for 50 cents lol. Once i got it all back together it was sweet but started grinding again right away, when i took it apart again i was surprised to find that the gears were still good but the Topshaft gear and the idler gear were getting really pointy and sharp so i just went ahead and replaced everything, turned out one of my wheel pins got bent and was ruining the back side of my wheel like a bananna in a blender!! That was an ez fix and all is well now sept the slipper, i replaced it with one from an electrix and it seems to be good again.

I too am Deffinatley looking fwd to the new brushless parts myself i just hope i can get some in the first go round but moneys tight and im not sure i will be able to b4 they sell out,, dang whats taking them so long!! LOL

oh yeah ive had my evader about 3-4months now why do you need the longer ball studs for? ive only had one rip out so far and that was my fault but screwing it back in fixed it and its been fine since

JRockZ!